Amp flashes protect and sound cuts out

Participant count
  • Participant list

collinhawks

I have a pair of alpine type r 6.5 coaxial (spr60) and a pioneer gm-d8604 amp.

If I turn the volume on my kenwood head unit above 25 (it goes up to 35) the sound cuts out.

I also have a pioneer gm-d9601 for bass on an FI Q and that doesn't cut out ever, just the 4 channel cuts out.

It will cut out for about a second, then play for a second, then cut out again.

When I first start up my car i can play it at 30 No problem for about 5 min and then it starts cutting out.

Even if I play it at 24 for 5 minutes on start up it will end up cutting out.

I have narrowed it down to my front right speaker.

If I unplug it I can play it as loud as I want no issues.

If I balance the setting towards the left i can turn it up a little more without it cutting out.

It's not the channel either because I've swapped it all-around and everything points to that speaker.

I have wire soldered on to the speaker because I broke the terminal clips, and if I take that piece of wire and plug it into the amp, the speaker doesn't cut out.

I have ran all new wire and it still cuts out.

It reads 4.8 ohms at the amp, and all my (2 spr 60, 2 sps 60) all read within 4.6-5.2 ohms.

I am completely lost as to what the issue I'm having is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.