amp doesn't run in the cold?

18lexusowner
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
My Jensen power 900w that I thought was shot now runs perfectly. The only thing is it only does it when it's warm out (30-40) since it's winter. When it's freezing out the amp doesn't seem to work.

Now this amp is still under warranty so do you guys think i should send it in as a defect or is that normal operation?

might be when its cold there is a little bit of shrinking and some thing loses contact in the signal path then when it warms up that very small gap is closed,,im not sure though.

My Jensen power 900w that I thought was shot now runs perfectly. The only thing is it only does it when it's warm out (30-40) since it's winter. When it's freezing out the amp doesn't seem to work.

Now this amp is still under warranty so do you guys think i should send it in as a defect or is that normal operation?
ha ha, ***** for you

I sent this stupid piece of **** in to get repaired and I get it back and it's doing the exact same thing!!!

Screw Jensen amps. Prolly will turn this into a boat anchor.

Its the remote output voltage from the deck. Had the same problem a few years ago.
If it was that it would cause the amp to not turn on at all since the remote wire only sends a signal for the amp to turn on. My amp turns on but doesn't put out sound.

(to the best of my knowledge)

meh, I just think it is because it is Jensen. Want a good budget friendly amp, check into some of the cheaper maxxsonic stuff.
Yea my dad had thought jennsen was a good company to buy an amp from, but that was because he remembered back when they actually were a good company.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.