Amp Dilemma

Participant count
  • Participant list

JdRycher

I currently have 2 Phoenix Gold amps installed. A ZX500, and a ZX450. The L/F channel on the 450 keeps cutting out. Should I repair it or replace it? I'd be fine with replacing it with another ZX, but I'm sure it will be needing repairs at some point. Would switching to Xenon series amp be an improvement? I've also been looking at JL's XD 400/4 and the Slash 300/4v3. I'm starting to get confused and would someone else opinion.

The Xenon was the fall of Pheonix Gold. They are dead in my eyes even though the fanboys say the new line up is back to proper PG.

The slash amps are cool. I had a 300/2 and 450/4v2s. I almost went back to them in my new build. But they got beat out so I didn't.

If youre happy with the amps get them fixed and benched. I wasn't having any issues but still dropped 200 at ARC Audio to get stuff checked out. Just my opinion

If youre happy with the amps get them fixed and benched. I wasn't having any issues but still dropped 200 at ARC Audio to get stuff checked out. Just my opinion
I am happy with them. I've owned the ZX450 since '98. I'd love to get it repaired, but I'd hate to have no audio while it's out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.