PBass 1000.1dx inducing noise into mids/highs

Participant count
  • Participant list

wew lad
5,000+ posts

wew lad inc
VA
I've had this amp for about 2 years, and recently it began inducing noise into my system. How? It backfeeds through the RCA's into the HU (or external Crossover/linedriver) and then out into my midrange and highs amplifier. To be clear the model I have is the ASA1000.1DX that was sold up until a year or so ago and that model was discontinued.

This is not due to other components in my system, I have ruled out everything else, and ruled in this amplifier after wasting hours of my time on it regrounding it, using different RCAs, different HU, completely rewired ALL my power and grounds as well. Tried adding a ground directly the RCA's input into the amp and the amplifier casing on a metal screw, noise was reduced by half but still extremely loud.

I was able to find some internals on caco, unfortunately I'm not well versed in amplifier internals but I know for the most part what to look for.

xKptfg9.jpg

My interest is in the top right of the picture, the black wire connected to the board with "GND." I'm wondering if this wire possibly burned up, or has been damaged in anyway causing the amp to not ground properly. Is anyone familiar with these boards? Have any advice? Should I just pull it apart and look for burning? This amplifier was on some crap 4ga cca and the inputs internally shattered and melted (lol) but they still work, so I'm wondering if any of that translated internally.

just noticed the black wire at the top is ground for the speakers, not the inputs for power. i dont see anything related to the ground of this amplifier on the bottom right, but I do know that most amps use a resistor inline with the ground somewhere along the line to prevent current flow through the RCA shield ground so I'm wondering if that may be blown somewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.