amp cutting out when volume down

Participant count
  • Participant list

albertom2
10+ year member

Mexico
Hello,

Two of my speakers stop sounding when I turn the volume down. When I turn the volume up they work fine, but if I keep it low they wont. Also when I pass through a bump on the street they stop working if they were working, or start working if they weren´t working.

I think it´s the amps. I have one 4 channel amp for 2 front speakers and one sub (bridged) and one 2 channel amp for rear speakers. One of the front speakers and one of the rear speakers have the issue.

Is there something I´m doing wrong? Is this a common problem with an easy solution?

I will really appreciate your help.

nope. I´ve checked them for more than 5 times...also if I install the other speaker and wire into the same problematic channel of the amp it still does the problem...

well I´ve just discovered that there is a false contact on the LPF/off/HPF filter switch in one of my amps (SONY XM-1002HX). It only works on the HPF mode, and also I need to have it pressed by an improvised lever I made to make it have a good contact.

But the other amp is still cutting in one channel, and it doesn´t have the same problem. (PROFILE CALIFORNIA 440SX amp).

Both amps are old and used. I bought them momentarily until I save some money, but I would like to make them run anyway.

Any suggestions?

Is there a way to repair the LPF/off/HPF filter switch?

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.