Amp cuts out

Participant count
  • Participant list

rnkelly

Good day,

I have a Viper 400.2 amp and have run into a problem.

At first one of my speakers would cut-out randomly (perhaps when I went over bumps), after some investigating I eventually localized the problem to the amp itself. I wasn`t able to find any immediately visible problems with the amp but found that the other channel worked just fine, my solution to this problem was to run mono sound to the working channel and to just conect both r+l speakers to that channel. This barbaric solution lasted for a few months but now I have run into the same exact problem with the remaining channel. I have confirmed that this is indeed an amp problem as I have swithed out the amp with a known serviceable one and the problem goes away. The cutting out gets progressively worse with time just like it did with the first channel until it just doesn`t work at all.

Have you heard of this happening before?

It seems strange that this problem would happen to both channels, almost like a defect?

Any solutions?

My other amp viper and want to keep them matching for appearance.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks,

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.