Amp clipping at low volume on a rf 2500bd and i have the big 3, 0 gauge,n dual batts?

tomsaccount

Hi like i said i have a big amp with i thought was enough power with my 2 deep cycle batts, 0 gauge all around, and a beefed up al. I thought i had a voltage regulator prob before but i got it replaced (or so they say) i know i have a good ground because i ohmd it out, bass boost at 0, and im only running a single 15 with 2000rms so can anybody tell me why on the amp it says its clipping and when it clips it gets hot pretty quik but thats normal with clipping i would think so plz help its driving me crazy!!!

i got to see them before they first came out. (joys of living in PHX and being a huge rockford dealer).....they **** balls. worst amp rockford has made. the gauges are so gay, not accurate. power connections are crappy on holding wire..and they get hot when they are just powered on. no load at all. horrible amp..

The amp says im running at 12.7 lowest to 13.5 normal n i may have a bad alt but i just got it beefed up and a new voltage regulator twice!
thats actually normal, its still charging. Like everyone else said, its the gain settings, or quality of your music, some mp3 files are clip city.

Its not the gain settings or music its the alt i had it rewired and someone had told me that its my cars computer because it sees so much extra amps that it basically fries the regulator every time or somn like that, also grounds r good, batts r good, anybody know how to fix whats goin on between the voltage reg and the computer or how to basically override my voltage regulator?

Its not the gain settings or music its the alt i had it rewired and someone had told me that its my cars computer because it sees so much extra amps that it basically fries the regulator every time or somn like that, also grounds r good, batts r good, anybody know how to fix whats goin on between the voltage reg and the computer or how to basically override my voltage regulator?
No thats not going to cause clipping. You do realize you are running 2500 watts right? what deep cycles do you have ATM?

I do not know who told you this, but they don't know what they're talking about. If this were the case then you would have been driving around all that time with 18+ volts on the charging system and if you'd done that your amps would be dead.

HU settings on max?
And those calling these rockford amps *Junk* you are out of your mind. Very nice amps that do rated power. Maybe priced high but not junk by any means.
The only good thing about them is they do rated power but do it horribly inefficient.

The only good thing about them is they do rated power but do it horribly inefficient.
Isn't efficiency kind of what they're known for?

Why must you always hate on things that have been proven? Just because you disagree or had a bad experience doesn't mean you have to shun them every chance you get.

Isn't efficiency kind of what they're known for?
Why must you always hate on things that have been proven? Just because you disagree or had a bad experience doesn't mean you have to shun them every chance you get.
Look on their website and it list their efficiency. I guess people don't read anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.