My cassette player stopped working. Need opinions and solutions from all. Monte Carlo

Participant count
  • Participant list

Birdsofwar

Philly
Help! My music is gone I can't listen to the radio !

I use my cassette player with MP3 player / aux cable.

I was doing this for years now. Well my good player broke I got a new one at the dollar store worked amazingly for 5$. But it's cord was cheap and coiled causing the aux input to phone To tear.

So I got a 5$ one from staples. Worked for a day so I returned it. Got a new expensive one 15$ and called it a day. It worked for two days solid and two more days of ejecting when I enter car but once I got it to stop ejecting (by pressing "band" to go to radio and "tape cd" to go back it would stay on.

Now it spits it out instantly or within 1 minute. No audio. It says on the led part "clean" "check disk" "tape ^ tape V" (as in its flipping sides back and forth and then ejecting"

Maybe i need a new brand. Bah this ***** the 15$ one sounded amazing.

What the hell can I do? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I would replace the stock head unit if it's easy to do? Don't care about what like as my car is getting old. Maybe I'll go back to the fm radio transmitters. Tho they usually ****.

With older cars it is easy to change headunits most of the time what year monte carlo? Usually the dash kits are around $20 and a radio with aux and usb like $60

Haha for the quality of the 5$ tapedeck it really did sound great. But mostly in comparison to the more expensive ones I've had I was shocked. But I don't see how do I rip the head unit out? I looked for videos didn't find much. I'll search on PC for one may be easier!

I'm worried because the plastic parts in car are cracked just randomly nothing hitting them. Like around the stock head unit above it between the two main vents. Hopefully I don't have to pull it apart there which I bet I do or else I may have to get the transmitter thing or CDs again bah.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

2002 Monte Carlo SS

I called around looks like my car needs a special thing because its GMC. With install its 270 - 300. Idk what the parts cost without the install but sounding expensive with this extra bracket. i forget exact name.

What the hell can I do? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I would replace the stock head unit if it's easy to do? Don't care about what like as my car is getting old. Maybe I'll go back to the fm radio transmitters. Tho they usually ****.
Well, first jump into your the hot-tub time machine and get the heck out of 1975. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I agree with other posters - even a cheap headunit would be better than trying to limp along with what you have.

Get a HU with an aux jack, a dash kit, and wiring harness for your vehicle - super easy to install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.