Amp Blows Fuses

Participant count
  • Participant list

_PuNiShEr_
10+ year member

68 Camaro
Iowa
Actually it is a friends amp but i'm helping out. Okay it is a Lightning Audio B150.2 he told me that his sub just stopped playing so i tested this everyway i knew how and would not get it to work then i took it out of his car and hooked it up in my car and hooked it up to a kenwood 5-1/4" 4 ohm speaker just to see if the thing was working and i heard a frying sound and sure enough it toasted the fuse so i then replaced the fuse and tryed it in my other friends car without even hooking up any speakers to it and as soon as i turned on the ignition it blew another fuse. I had this thing all the way apart and didn't see anything wrong!

Any Ideas?

I hope i gave you enough info.

BTW he was pushing a 15' Kicker Comp with it

Any info on what to look for would help

Thanks

where the fuc k do you get that from?!

jsut because you dont get an answer right away?? do ya think its possible that you know, maybe, people dont visit this thread, dont know, and dont have anyhting to contribute?

give it some time jacknut

Ok first off. ******** on your comment about people putting money into their systems being the only ones we help. You can WAIT when you post for someone to reply we are NOT sitting here 24/7 to help you out. We do NOT get paid for this and we do have jobs and lives outside of here.

Now...as far as any help goes on fixing this amp. Do you have any electronics background? Do you understand detailed electonic schematics? And can you find the schematics? It seems to me that the amp is possibly shot from a poor install or age or any number of things gone awry. You have hooked it up apparently in more than one application where other amps have operated properly and it did nothing but blwo the fuse. More than likely it is dead and needs to be replaced or you can go to school for a while and learn all about electronics and electronic principles and repair it or maybe pay someone to repair it.

Originally posted by Alaxan . More than likely it is dead and needs to be replaced or you can go to school for a while and learn all about electronics and electronic principles and repair it or maybe pay someone to repair it.

Did you just say pay someone??!?? These are the ones I was talking about and holy ****, Alaxan you just admitted I was right.....:p LMAO!

Originally posted by bean  

Did you just say pay someone??!?? These are the ones I was talking about and holy ****, Alaxan you just admitted I was right.....:p LMAO!
Yeah yeah. But hey can you repair internal workings of an amp?

would you repair your transmission in your pimpmobile?

how about the amp you paid 400 bucks for that just had the warranty expire, would you then crack it open and tinker with it? for fun?

its not smart, it takes an incredible knowledge bank and lengthy experience record to be able to do that sort of thing and do it right..

sometimes, your ounly choice is to get a pro to do some of it..

Alaxan knows his ****, dont forget that, and im sure he wouldnt crack open his Orion amp....

Originally posted by Wonderbread would you repair your transmission in your pimpmobile?

how about the amp you paid 400 bucks for that just had the warranty expire, would you then crack it open and tinker with it? for fun?

its not smart, it takes an incredible knowledge bank and lengthy experience record to be able to do that sort of thing and do it right..

sometimes, your ounly choice is to get a pro to do some of it..

Alaxan knows his ****, dont forget that, and im sure he wouldnt crack open his Orion amp....
Ummmm actually... I have cracked open an Orion amp or two in my time. Then again maybe I did not tell you this bro, but I have an advanced degree in electronics and have worked on some of the most expensive and sophisticated radio, navigation, radar and satelite equipment in the world. LOL But I would not recomend just anyone go out and pop open their amp and start poking around in there.

iw as just making a general assumption..

but still, would you crack open your brand new 600 dollar orion amp, right out of box, and tinker?

i would think not..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.