Amp Blown, repair or paper weight

fasfocus00
5,000+ posts

doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice
okay so I let my friend borrow my Txi1508 and needless to say he blew it. no biggie, I replaced it already and he did pay for it. should I attempt to repair, if so where's the best place to get parts? who does amp repairs? or should I just scrap the idea and just junk it. here's a pic of where's the damage, it's

e7ad4cfa.jpg

Looks like you will need to replace at least all the ps fets(when one goes they all need to be replaced) and gate resistors as well as possibly some power supply driver transistors. Not very expensive really depending on the parts used. Power supply could have blown though as a result of shorted output transistors which ups the price a bit as well. If mike says he would fix it for 40 bucks I think thats really an awesome deal. Parts alone are gonna approach that price depending on the quantity you buy them in. He is almost fixing it for free. I don't know him personally but I know he has repaired many amps. I personally think any amp is worth fixing and if you aren't gonna get it fixed sell it to korn4life or me if he doesn't want it. No need to send it to the junkyard as long as the board isn't burnt through and even then the heatsink could be used for other projects.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.