Amp and subs to Factory Deck HELP!!! 07 chevrolet impala

Participant count
  • Participant list

mstan2221
10+ year member

MI
Hi i saw a person that had thier amp and subs wired to thier factory deck on the same car i have. Its an 2007 Chevy impala and im trying to figure out how they did it. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!!!

No factory deck in the world can power subs and speakers at the same time
Technically, every deck in the world is capable of delivering power to speakers and subs simultaneously. Just not a high volumes or low impedances. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Most just use a LOC off the largest factory woofers in the vehicle. Then deal with any factory bass filters.

Alright im kind of new to this stuff so could you exlplain it in an easier form? haha

LOC = Line Out Converter. It's an electronic gizzmo that lets you tap into the speaker wires of an existing system and feed an amplifier's inputs. Many amps have one built in, they call it High Level Inputs.

You tap into the biggest speakers in the car, because those will have the most bass signal. Unfortunately many factory systems filter the deep bass out so you don't blow the stock speakers. That's why someone suggested tapping into the wires between the factory HU and amp - those will be "unfiltered".. but it's more complicated.

LOC = Line Out Converter. It's an electronic gizzmo that lets you tap into the speaker wires of an existing system and feed an amplifier's inputs. Many amps have one built in, they call it High Level Inputs.
You tap into the biggest speakers in the car, because those will have the most bass signal. Unfortunately many factory systems filter the deep bass out so you don't blow the stock speakers. That's why someone suggested tapping into the wires between the factory HU and amp - those will be "unfiltered".. but it's more complicated.
thanks that helps a ton!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.