American made subs?

Well, they may not be going as far as making sure the wire on the coil is made in America. I do know that they will machine their baskets in-house, the coils will be wound in the US, the cones, surrounds, and spiders will be made in-house. The only porblem is that there's no one who makes ferrite slugs domestically.

Subs that are 100% USA built would cost much more. Most parts from China cost half if not less than a part made in the USA even after the freight costs. For example I ordered some spiders from a US company which costed X amount of dollars then down the road I ordered those same spiders from china for the same price. The difference is that I was able to get 3 times as many spiders from China for the same price.

Well, they may not be going as far as making sure the wire on the coil is made in America. I do know that they will machine their baskets in-house, the coils will be wound in the US, the cones, surrounds, and spiders will be made in-house. The only porblem is that there's no one who makes ferrite slugs domestically.

who the hell makes baskets in house? it sounds to me like it will be short lived you cant compete with the overseas stuff they will learn everyone wants american made products but no one wants to pay american made prices

Even some of the US build houses can be decieving... There is one US build house I know of that I bought spiders through but then found out when they arrived that the job was outsourced to a Mexico factory to keep costs down.

Any of our (PSI Car Audio or FixMySpeaker customs) are all hand built in the USA. We use as many US parts as we can.

Just can't source US made baskets, etc. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i2dw5nf19jtyw1kzZjCPMiyDo1_1280.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Looks like somebody threw up mexicant food and strawberry jelly onto your hoagie roll.

thats the nastiest looking sub i've ever seen. looks like theres some pizza,guacamole,chicken strips,sweet and sour sauce, a few corn kernels,and gravy on that *****

mmatts assembles all there subs in florida, as for parts, who knows.

from there web site "MMATS Professional Audio is a leader in the car audio industry with more than 15 years of experience, being THE pioneer of Class D topology. We manufacture 100% of our amplifiers and subwoofers in Florida, USA and hold numerous DB drag and USACi world championships including 3X Extreme Cup and 5X Deathmatch SPL records."

I not a big fan of mmatts, seen alot go bad........ customer abuse mostly but more than other brands.

Digital Designs

Atomic

Incriminator Audio

Revolution Design Audio

Sundown

DC Sound Labs

Fi

Ascendant Audio

PSI

JL (few models)

MMats

Crossfire (1 or 2 subs)

If assembled here they normally use US coils. Ferrite magnets ALL are imported. Some machine steel here, most don't.

Most every company gets their parts from China, and some assemble them here in the US of A. I know of one company that's coming that will make their gear with all domestic parts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I know one also. They'll be basked on the West Coast.

Tuan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.