American Bass XFL's in a Sealed Enclosure??

Participant count
  • Participant list

FadedSpy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've currently got two AB XFL 1244's in a 4^ft box tuned to 34hz. They're being run off of a VFL 150.1 and boy are they nasty! Problem is that I've got no trunk space now so I would like to build a smaller "Sealed" box. I know i won't be as loud and I'm ok with that. They are more than enough as it is, maybe it'll tone them down a bit. I listen to a lot of Alternative and Rock that doesn't sound all that great with the current box.

I know that AB recommends only putting them in vented enclosures so they're aren't any specs for a sealed box so I'm not sure if A) They'll even sound good in a Sealed Box or B) If there is an exact size of Sealed box to make them sound Optimal. I was thinking about 1.5^ft per chamber Sealed but before I go off and spend money building a box I would like to know what you guys think?

I could actually build another vented box with more precise measurements and gain about 8" in my trunk which would help but fIf I can get better sound quality from a sealed box then I might go that route.

Wacha think?

Or consider selling or trading them that's a little more sealed friendly, such as some of the FI subs, or perhaps IA Flatlynes.

I built a box that's about 2.75 cubes common chamber just to test them in. I plan on building a more trunk space friendly box later on but I wanted to see how these performed in a sealed enclosure. Next box will be 5 cubes @ 35hz If I build it just right I should be able to keep 1/2 of my trunk free. I will have to do it using Aero Ports or PVC which I've never done before so I'm not sure how to even calculate all of that in Torres like I have done in the past using my Slot Port Enclosures

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.