American Bass xfl or xr

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jaredtrainman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys what's up?  I cant decide on the 12" subwoofer to purchase.  I'm looking at a xfl or a xr 2ohm dvc.  My buddy has an xfl.  Which ever one I decid on I'm going to have a custom made box out of birch for the sub.  Any thoughts? 

Hey guys what's up?  I cant decide on the 12" subwoofer to purchase.  I'm looking at a xfl or a xr 2ohm dvc.  My buddy has an xfl.  Which ever one I decid on I'm going to have a custom made box out of birch for the sub.  Any thoughts? 
same voice coil diameter, the xfl has prewired speaker leads whereas the XR has terminals. XFL has an overhung voice coil, and the xr probably does too, but its not directly obvious from the pictures. I like the cone on the XR better, but from the looks of it, the XFL will likely outperform the XR, but only slightly. A good box will nearly eliminate any discernible performance differences

in this price range youre not short of choices. are you dead set on the AB XFL or AB XR?

Get the XR why be like your friend.
i agree, the XFL looks a tad stronger tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.