american bass xfl 18???

1mounty

texas
hello, I have ordered a American bass xfl 18 and I cant find specs for it to build a box. I went to there website and they don't even have the 18 on there... where could I possibly find spec for this xfl 18? does any one have recommendations on what size box should use and tuning?

hello, I have ordered a American bass xfl 18 and I cant find specs for it to build a box. I went to there website and they don't even have the 18 on there... where could I possibly find spec for this xfl 18? does any one have recommendations on what size box should use and tuning?
Did you order it new?.. I looked and there is not even an 18" listed in the XFL series...

the 12 takes 2.5cf so i'd say laarrrrggggeeeeeee box lol.. i'll look

Did you order it new?.. I looked and there is not even an 18" listed in the XFL series...
I know that's what I'm saying. I got it off amazon and it said it was being sold by American bass. so I was like I liked there 12s so I might as well go with the 18. I ordered then started looking into specs and and stuff but couldn't find anything on them. I looked on youtube and there is only two guys that have them and one said he had a box built for him and have no clue what the specs are other than the box is around 7 cubes

Wonder if that particular driver is discontinued(not made anymore). Doesn't even say and no archive either. Archive page is simply discontinued products that few mfgr's have on their website. AB cetainly doesn't have one. Boooo.!!

I can't find specs either. Think a few people mentioned that AB never list their specs online for whatever reason....like it's a big secret. Prob best to email/call them.

I can't find specs either. Think a few people mentioned that AB never list their specs online for whatever reason....like it's a big secret. Prob best to email/call them.
I call AB and they gave me it needs to be in a 6.5 to 7 cu ft box tuned to 35-38hz and fs was 35 and qts was .47

I'm wondering does this box look good or do I need to change somethings?

box dimensions: 17.5 tall x 41 wide x 28 deep with a 9 in port tuned to 36 hz does this sound right? I think the port is huge but I have no clue. it was made with re box calculator.

Can you contact them again and ask for the parameters?.. if they send them to you and you share them somebody might be able to model the sub for you and recommend a box size... Post the parameters and amp you'll be using when you get them... I tried to find them but did not find anything... I'd get them modeled first if I were you... you never know what you'll get with a factory recommended box.

this is all they could give me is this enough? fs: 32.61, qts: .454, qes: .507, qmas: 4.377, vas: 136.476 L, 3 in coil and displacement .25

Can you contact them again and ask for the parameters?.. if they send them to you and you share them somebody might be able to model the sub for you and recommend a box size... Post the parameters and amp you'll be using when you get them... I tried to find them but did not find anything... I'd get them modeled first if I were you... you never know what you'll get with a factory recommended box.
ill be using a crescendo bc 2000 in a 97 explorer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.