Am I too old for SPL?

get the same from my family and friends at 36. i really dony care what people think of my hobby- whats the difference if im building a new box to gain a db or im changing my rear end from 411 to 456 to gain afew tenths at the`strip- would that be more mature?
hell, I've changed the rears to get back the performance lost to the added weight of the system..

Lol - pushing 36 here - I'd say your friends/family probably just don't understand our love of LOUD music.
You don't just stop enjoying music when you hit a certain age... Having a big stereo is just an extension of that.

[quote name='Full Tilt']I dunno, ask @n8skow. ;)[/QUOTE]

I built my first "speaker box" when I was 8 years old. I'll be forty five in September and my love for audio is stronger now than it ever was.

Ask those who tell you you're too old this question:

How old is too old to be an immature, meddling, condescending, dictatorial authoritarian bigot?

And then tell em to go bite a big fat hog in the ***. ;-)

I'm on the opposite side of that, 16 and have been saving up since I was 15 for my system lol. It seems like I'm the only one my age who DOESNT try to break everyones windows, I really only get loud to show up my friend's ****** kicker comps running on pyramids in the shool parking lot. At my age you cant shake the stereotype of the retarded teenager who just likes loud noises, but oh well I sound better than the haters

im 41 in october i have been into car audio since i was 14. Alot of people i know have hobbies i dont understand and seem stupid to me. This hobby is time consuming and in that sense can take away from your relationship to your wife. I go on kinda "sprees" where i will work on my truck for a couple days straight and my wife is very understanding but i can tell when she is feeling neglected. After a "spree" like this i usually try to be real attentive or do something nice for her. As far as being older what better time is there? i have the money to afford to buy what i want for the most part and this is a really exciting time for this hobby you have new fantastic companies putting out great equipment. The competition between these companies is at an all time high so prices really havent gotten to out of hand and you have the internet at your finger tips and forums like these if you are seeking advice from the 100's of "guru's" out there on the subject. Car audio is definetely the best it has ever been right now. I have other hobby's but with this one i bust my *** doing whatever mod i am doing at the time and when i am done there is instant gratification. That is what keeps me hooked and i will probably do it as long as i am physically able to. Let the people say what they will be polite take there comments in one ear and let them go out the other this is a part of who you are and they have no right to change that.

I'm 38 and still pounding the streets hard daily like a teen, but with a better system than when i was young (didn't have money for a loud system than)Lol!! I went through that your to old for car audio from my girl for a long time but she finally came to realize that i'm not going to stop anytime soon and is a little more supportive now. My dad was into it till he was in his 50's and is now close to 70 and talks about wanting to get something small in his car. Never to old, keep doing what you want.

No way!! your still a young pup! I am just gettin back into it now and I am 51 ! age really has nothin to do with doing what you like. And your right it is alot more fun to do when you can afford to buy what you want . But also remember scrimpin and savin when i was young to get what you wanted

my grandpa is over 80 and he still drives a honda accord with Audison components and Focal subs, and his home theatre is fking ridiculous. Well at least i know where my addiction came from.. its genetically embeded in me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.