Am I too old for SPL?

I'm 31 yrs old now and have always been into car audio. Been away for about 5 yrs or so but now I'm back in it and some of my friends and family say I'm to old for subwoofers and bass in my car. I say nonsense. Is it true? Have I passed my time?
no.... my mom is 56 and she still likes having a nice sounding audio system in her car, and her honda element

Another thing, I would get high end home audio but It's pointless cause I live in a apartment. Plus I drive alot but no matter what I tell people they think I'm immature. F EM!
^^^^THIS.....

no one can tell you how to spend your hard earned money

LOL you're NEVER too old for what you are into - I'm 31 as well (D@mn there is a LOT of 31 year olds around here lol) and my family & wife give me the same sh1t like; "Grow up, you're too old for those big bass speakers" lmao IDC I tell them all there's plenty worse things I could focus my time & energy on in this world, Car audio is a hobby as well as a passion of mine, and I doubt that will ever change...

Couple things to say to this:

1 I am 29 and haven't had a system since 17-18, so no ur not too old, u finally have some cash to build what u want

2 I have noticed the 30-40ish range is a lot more into the things we did as kids still than our parents were

3 I only bump when the rattle trap next to me has his going, the kids have ear muffs tucked in the backseat pocket lol, or when I am alone driving somewhere, never in a neighborhood and in wrong areas of town

4 I am a chef its relaxing to me cuz it can't yell back lol, and I quit drinking almost four years ago and worked my *** off since and I needed a hobby to keep me busy while off work this summer so I traded my alcohol addiction for car audio addiction it started as a comp set and some sub's now I am in the middle of full on sound deadening and custom panels and chasing the SQ white dragon

So not too old just old enough right?

get the same from my family and friends at 36. i really dony care what people think of my hobby- whats the difference if im building a new box to gain a db or im changing my rear end from 411 to 456 to gain afew tenths at the`strip- would that be more mature?

Couple things to say to this:
1 I am 29 and haven't had a system since 17-18, so no ur not too old, u finally have some cash to build what u want

2 I have noticed the 30-40ish range is a lot more into the things we did as kids still than our parents were

3 I only bump when the rattle trap next to me has his going, the kids have ear muffs tucked in the backseat pocket lol, or when I am alone driving somewhere, never in a neighborhood and in wrong areas of town

4 I am a chef its relaxing to me cuz it can't yell back lol, and I quit drinking almost four years ago and worked my *** off since and I needed a hobby to keep me busy while off work this summer so I traded my alcohol addiction for car audio addiction it started as a comp set and some sub's now I am in the middle of full on sound deadening and custom panels and chasing the SQ white dragon

So not too old just old enough right?
Likike I told my wife " I quit Drinking when you quit nagging and complaining" I have 2 outlets drinking and ca.

get the same from my family and friends at 36. i really dony care what people think of my hobby- whats the difference if im building a new box to gain a db or im changing my rear end from 411 to 456 to gain afew tenths at the`strip- would that be more mature?
hell, I've changed the rears to get back the performance lost to the added weight of the system..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.