Am I out of luck with my car door?

truffsekka
10+ year member

My car has horrible doors for putting speakers in. I was wondering if there was any way to put some a 6.5 midbass in this door without it sounding like crap?

Panel Off - That just one big plastic piece bolted in multiple places.

open-door.jpg

Panel On

door.jpg

yeppers maybe some mdf rims
The problem is there is no where to actually mount the MDF rings except to that plastic thing which is realy flimsy around where the speaker would be located.

Last edited by a moderator:
you could make a template from that plastic piece and then trace out your new speaker placement onto the template. once your happy with the design make if out of your material of choice

you could make a template from that plastic piece and then trace out your new speaker placement onto the template. once your happy with the design make if out of your material of choice
Good thinkin' here.

Like mentioned above, it just dpends on how much fab work you want to get yourself into.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.