Am I doing this right?

Participant count
  • Participant list

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
My sub amp quit workin on me after a couple years of pushing it to its limits. (mb quart onx1500.1). So I want to run my sub (fi Q 15) off of my PPi 900.4 along with my front stage for the time being until i have the money for a new sub amp. I wired the sub up to 4 ohm and im going run the two rear channels of the amp bridged to the sub and than the front 2 channels for my components up front. This will work right? Just plug the sub RCA's into the rear RCA inputs of the amp and im good?

My sub amp quit workin on me after a couple years of pushing it to its limits. (mb quart onx1500.1). So I want to run my sub (fi Q 15) off of my PPi 900.4 along with my front stage for the time being until i have the money for a new sub amp. I wired the sub up to 4 ohm and im going run the two rear channels of the amp bridged to the sub and than the front 2 channels for my components up front. This will work right? Just plug the sub RCA's into the rear RCA inputs of the amp and im good?
Yeah should work fine just make sure you set your rear channel setting correct for your sub and I don't think there should be a problem

If you're running a sub in a ported be careful cause that ppi doesn't have a subsonic filter, you can bottom out the sub.

If you're running a sub in a ported be careful cause that ppi doesn't have a subsonic filter, you can bottom out the sub.
Sub sonic is the same as LPF right? If it is then the ppi does have a LPF. so does the HU so I should be good?

Sub sonic is the same as LPF right? If it is then the ppi does have a LPF. so does the HU so I should be good?
LPF means the sub won't play above the frequency you set it to and sub sonic means it won't play below the frequency you set it to, therefor if no subsonic it does not tell it what note not to go under and can bottom the sub out

Well i hooked it up to the rear channels of the PPi amp and honestly im loving how it sounds. It gets surprisingly close to being as loud as the other amp and sounds way cleaner. Im really impressed and may not even buy another sub amp im loving how this one sounds. Just doesnt hit the lows near as good as it did with the mb quart but thats alright.

Well i hooked it up to the rear channels of the PPi amp and honestly im loving how it sounds. It gets surprisingly close to being as loud as the other amp and sounds way cleaner. Im really impressed and may not even buy another sub amp im loving how this one sounds. Just doesnt hit the lows near as good as it did with the mb quart but thats alright.
Yeah it's a pretty cool little amp, I run one myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.