Green patina? On ground ring terminal and wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

murph
10+ year member

Low for Life
Richmond,VA
Well I let my girl drive my car and my fuse near my amp blew. (My amp also fried) Anyways I was checking for shorting in the wire and I check the ground. When I looked I saw a patina or maybe corrosion on the ground ring terminal and on the wire strand itself. At this point I believe that this is the cause of the problem. I'm just wondering what ya'll think.

Lol idk I just was thinking since it's ofc and a gold plated terminal. Well that's definitely the problem then.
Ofc can corrode just like anything else...cut the wore back and remove the corroded part and put a new end on it and put some sealant or protectant on it ..they make lots of diff kinds to prevent corrosion ..i have it on all my wire and its cca no corrosion for 4 years

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.