Upgrading under hood Chevy Duramax

Participant count
  • Participant list

UsAmpsFreak

Senior VIP Member
So i'm about to put a system in my truck. Have installed at a shop for 5 years but am out of the scene these days and not totally up on what's good now. I've decided to upgrade both of my batteries under the hood instead of possibly needing to add an Aux battery later on. Here's what i've decided on and was wanting feedback on what other technically knowledgeable car audio enthusiasts thought.

Here it is:

2 XS Power D3400's

1 Mechman 270 amp h/o alternator

Upgrading all charging cables to 0 guage

Haven't completely decided on what amps i'm going to go with but i will be in the area of 3000 watts rms. I don't mean power acoustic's make believe 3000 watts either. Thanks for any input.

Not sure if duramaxes are the same but I just bought an xsp310-313 to control the voltage that I charge at.... my truck charges at 14.6 cold. Warm it stays at 14. Just a thought. D3400s are a good choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.