Alternator Voltage is 4.35! not good!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Most likely the bridge rectifer, that is what usually goes bad first.
i have had it for like 3 months though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

hard fix? do it myself? i need my car for this weekend

so what could be wrong? i DMM the terrminals on the alt and thats what i get. 12.5 on my batt. any fixes? bad diode?
f-ing 09ers would have this **** happen to them. kidding. How many amps is your alt, and how many watts are you running, cause im thinking a possibility that your alternator has now just gone bad.

f-ing 09ers would have this **** happen to them. kidding. How many amps is your alt, and how many watts are you running, cause im thinking a possibility that your alternator has now just gone bad.
its 3 months old. mechman. 220 max, 170 idle.

i hope its not bad already!

What made you check the alternator in the first place, did you find that your battery was running low on juice? Could be that the dmm is wrong.
nah bass was lackin so i thought a fuse was blown started checkin **** and thats what i found. no the DMM is legit i made sure

Personally I would get in touch with mechman. I am sure you paid good money for it. And you F***ing around with it will void any warranty you have.

Personally I would get in touch with mechman. I am sure you paid good money for it. And you F***ing around with it will void any warranty you have.
yeah but by the time i hear back i would have already needed to leave. i just dont have time to send it to them

Make sure the terminal on the back of the alt is tight and terminals tight on the battery as well. Hopefully its just terminals, but sounds like the alt is completely shot and now the car is just running off the battery.

Make sure the terminal on the back of the alt is tight and terminals tight on the battery as well. Hopefully its just terminals, but sounds like the alt is completely shot and now the car is just running off the battery.
i touched the DMM to the tips of the terrminals so i cant be that. and yes the car is pretty much just running off the battery

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.