Alternator Replacement

jellydime
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was just wondering which would be cheaper and more effective in regards to my alternator, replacing it with a high output or just getting it rewound. I have 2 Infinity Perfects and 2 JL 10W3 subs. I don't know if this would be enough to need something "High Output" like 180 or 200 or if I could get away with just rewinding it to 140

Thanks guys

JELLYDIME

I would think that you would need a new alt for that setup (depends on the amp), not really the subs

but i have 2 perfects and a jbl bp1200.1 amp

my lights dim often when the subs hit hard

if I was to add anything to my system, I would need a new alt

ummm, why do people buy different kinds of subs....you really should stick with all the same....rewinding is cheaper...

Originally posted by taylor rewinding is cheaper...
Yep it's usually ALOT cheaper. What knid of amps ? you could have 12 billion speakers it wouldn't matter. The amps are what's drawing the extra current not the speakers.

I have 2 different kinds of subs because I combined 2 systems that I had into 1 rather than just letting 2 perfectly good subs sit around and not get used, both kinds are too good to just sit in the corner

JELLYDIME

the only problem w/ 2 diff types of subs is they might cancel each other out at certain frequencies...which would make part of your bass ****...good luck though....maybe it wont happen to u.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.