Alternator question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Is it possible to run a 0 gauge wire directly from alternator to a Distribution block? I was planning on using one run to the car's battery and another run or two to the distribution block for the four supplementals im putting in truck bed. Wondering if doing this will cause any sort of whine from the Alternator. Horrible diagram of idea below!

ALT--------x2 Distribution block ------x4 (supplemental batteries)

/

/

/

Car battery

It's easiest to run from alternator to battery one and then from there to the other batteries but as long as you have good connections you should be able to do what you want without introducing any noise.

Are you talking about the vehicle electrical dist. block? or aftermarket car audio dist block? My personal 2 cents.. simplest is always best. If you run through your distro block before going to battery that is one more connection in between your alternator and batteries. If at all possible I would try and do the run from alternator(s) straight to main battery, then you run to supplemental batteries, just one less connection to worry about for your main source of charge. If this is for some reason impossible well then distro block it is. Keep it simple, it could just save you a bit of headache later, less connections makes for much simpler trouble shooting if you ever have issues with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.