Replacing an infinity system, front coaxials working, rear aren't

Participant count
  • Participant list

SGRRSH26

hell
My 99 ram came with a blown infinity system. Replaced the head unit, hard wired coaxials in the front with no problem. Just wired up a rear speaker and no sound. Is that because the amp on the infinity speaker is originally powering the rear? Might I have to rewire the harness up in the front door panel to run the rear speakers off the Hu?

What did you mean when you said you hardwired the front coaxials? Did you wire them directly to the new head unit or use the existing wiring? What wires did you use when you connected the rears? If I understand you right, I'd say the stock amp could be blown, and you may need to run wires directly from the head I it's harness, not the existing stock wiring. Sometimes stock amps won't integrate with aftermarket head units without converters as well. Have you tested the inputs/outputs on the amp itself?

From my understanding the amp is integrated into each of the factory front door speakers (the ones now removed). I had to cut the left and right front wires from the preexisting harness and wire the new coaxials to them. I'm not sure how the wiring for the back speakers is set up but I'm taking a guess that they were in parallel with the front speakers. Which would mean they are open at the very moment since the front speaker harness is open.

you dont have to run new wires from the head but you do have to get back into each front door. The amps do power the rear speakers as well and if you pulled the amps out then you will get no signal at the rear doors. So either get back to the harness and figure out which wires are the rear input and output and jump them or run new from the head.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.