Alternator or Capacitor

Originally posted by audiolife a weak charging system would = weak caps or secondary battery.
Caps are not part of a cars charging system.

Add Alternator and Voltage regulator to the battery and that is the charging system.

take it easy,

-zane

Replace the alternator

Get a big car, like a caddy witha northstart engine. Somethign big and powerful

connect jumper cables right on the battery terminals.

Turn the caddy on

and put your truck on accessory

LEt it run for a bit

keeping the caddy accerated to about 1.5 rmps

CRANK your truck's system, if it doesnt bottom out.

Then you definatly need an alternator

No cap will help you.

If the same thing happens, it could just be your amp screwing its self in the poopshoot

who said they were a part of the charging system? if your alt is bad the battery or the cap will read weak because it isnt getting a charge... ................. batteries and caps dont make power they simply store it. what goes in comes out...crappy in crappy out...

) For those of you "In The Know" you will notice that this is the Exact Same Amplifier as the "Genesis" Amplifiers that are Dominating the Sound Off Circuits. That's because they are the same! Poweramper builds them for "Genesis"!

Originally posted by audiolife ) For those of you "In The Know" you will notice that this is the Exact Same Amplifier as the "Genesis" Amplifiers that are Dominating the Sound Off Circuits. That's because they are the same! Poweramper builds them for "Genesis"!

What does that have to do with Caps and charging systems?

I mean, it sounds interesting, but where did that come from?

take it easy,

-zane

ebay....was only way i thought you would see it..i know you will investigate and yes the heat sinks are alike .......specs are pretty close too. might be worth while if it saves ya some cash eh?

actually now that you mention it... if that amp really ***** out 90 amps continually... that means alot of cars couldnt use it at all. my stock alternator puts out only 65 amps (honda civic). THe biggest alt i found was 135 amps for my car, which according to your math, still wouldnt be enough

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.