Alternator Hum when accelerating (Honda Civic 2011)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Andres1991

I installed a aftermarket radio for my dad in his honda civic 2011, I get a noise that last for a few seconds then goes away when I start the car(Maybe just because it's an ebay no name radio), but the more annoying problem is the humming that increases when I press the gas pedal.

I have grounded the radio to itself instead of the factory wiring which has worked before on amplified systems, I have not had experience/installed radios with non-amplified systems that run the speaker wires to the radio instead of a amp like my volvo i had the same issue that was fixed by grounding the amp to the radio itself...

I just recently tried to tackle the problem with a "band-aid" 12v engine suppressor just now and the problem is still there which is getting annoying haha.

I wanted to ask the nice community here if it's safe to maybe ground the speakers wires together to the cars body instead of the radios ground wires? As I tried finding answers but could not find any.

The only ground problem i could possibly find is just those speaker wires, I have two RCA outlets and I tried to ground them out using some copper but they don't seem to be the problem either.

The ever famous alt whine is usually caused by bad ground or RCA's.
Well everything seems well connected, the RCA ports are not being used I just figured they may be causing the issue. Everything is factory wiring, my connections are all soldered, all four speakers have this hum.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.