alternator and amp question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mongojerry36
10+ year member

I have a 2001 toyota avalon and the stock alternator is 80 amps and I currently have a kicker 1000w amp in the trunk powering two subs. If I got another amp around 200w and a headunit to supply 4 speakers would that be too much strain on the alternator??

it should be okay, i have a 2003 civic with a 60-70 amp alt. and i'm running a big fat battery in the back. i have a little over 2K watts being used and i've had this set up for over a year and my car still runs fine.

But i'm with clickclack, get a second batt. you'll need it for anything 1K or over.

i also have a toyota celica, with the stock alt 80 amps and power master 1200 under the hood with big 3 done on 2000 wrms and lights never dim etc you'll be fine just get a nice battery under the hood with big 3 done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.