alternatives to sound deadening

nathanh
10+ year member

i went to the audio shop and they wanted 100 dollars for a trunk kit. for some reason i think there might be a little bit of a mark up just cause there is a name on the foil. there any off brands or like bulk building materials of the same property?

raamat is popular on here

so is some oethers try searchin!

i am sure there is a building material. there has to be. i just havn't found it yet. you could stuff your doors with r80 insulation lol

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but just wanted to ask. Is it necessary to use this stuff on the entire car or would doing the doors and back hatch be ok?

Well, you could ask is anything we do necessary, in getting better sound //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It wouldn't hurt, but if you're looking for places to start, any doors/things that latch would be where I'd go first. Then the floors, firewall, roof, etc...

This is a offshot, but you could try replacing any broken door panel connections (if need so), and tightening down the screws in places where there are buzzying noises. Worked for me.

I have seen people online use this stuff:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100012574&N=10000003+503272+10072001

I tried it in my last car with minimal effect at best. It managed to dampen vibration in the cars trunk top/back/sides; but it shifted the vibration down to the underside of the car, coming from the wheel well. But it's really cheap.

I don't really suggest using it, but it's an option.

Beware of stuff not specifically made for car applications. Most of those products (ie Peel and Seal) have a lot lower heat tolerances than say Dynamat. You may end up cleaning tar adhesive from the bottom of your trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.