Alternative to Soundqubed HDC310

Participant count
  • Participant list

cal2vin
10+ year member

I had DC creations build me a ported enclosure for a single 10 which I was planning on putting a soundqubed HDC3 10 d2 wired to 1 ohm on an aq2200d. Well I already have the amp. Box is built (waiting on the port). Soundqubed keeps pushing back the date for having any HDC310 in stock. Anyways my goal is loudness. Its goin on a boat. The The max dimensions I gave DC creations were Length - 25 inches

Width (left side to right side) - 12.5 inches

Depth (top to bottom) - 12 inches

I think he said that the enclosure was 1.2 cubes net with an aero port. I attached 2 pics of the enclosure that DC creations sent me. This is a birch enclosure. This is without the port since its not in stock yet.

I attached a picture of where the box is going. This is on a boat. The free air sub is being removed and I am leaving the grill there for a port.

Anyways what other 10's would any of you recommend for this scenario. Keep in mind the cutout in the box was sized for an HDC310 and I want to just be able to drop another sub in without modifications if possible. Again amp with be AQ2200d and I'd like to run it to 1 ohm and get all the power out of it. But if thats not the best option please chime in. I was looking at possibly an SSA XCON 10 D2 or a DC lvl 4 10 D2???

View attachment 26540370

View attachment 26540372

View attachment 26540371

Last edited by a moderator:
if you go dc then the xl or you can do a ab xfl basically the same as the hdc from what i'm told .i can sell you a new one to ,and prolly get it to ya in a few days if bought tonight

I have looked at AB. I thought the HD series of AB was more comparable to the HDC and the XFL was a lil smaller?
could be right , from what i hear tho , they are both made at the same house . i do carry both new ,as well as dc

Only problem with the HD 10 is that it only comes in a D1 so I couldnt wire it to 1 ohm with the aq 2200d that I have.
wire it at a half ohm ,or got with the xfl , i've seen these take 2200 rms if the signal is clean , besides the new xfl is alot beefier than the old model with the bigger and stiffer spider and landing .

Price range not really a concern. Nothing too stupid so I guess id say below $600. I want to get something that will work best with that power and that box. I understand that a larger sub with a lot of power that needs a bigger box will not sound as good as a sub in the right box on the right power. That's what I'm trying to figure out from this forum. Which is the right size sub for this box and power. The xcon was really looking good to me but I wanted to get more opinions.

could be right , from what i hear tho , they are both made at the same house . i do carry both new ,as well as dc
Do you sell ssa xcon as well or is that only on their website? Nowhere to get a better price?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.