Power to subwoofer too much?

Participant count
  • Participant list
depends on box, sub ,amp and if signal is clean. some subs will be fine ,others not so fine
Well It's a Skar ZVX-15 1500 rms Dual 2 ohm. I didn't want to say it because it's Skar but oh well. It takes 2k right now no problems in a 3.7 cube box at 40 hz. Sub is still stiff as a ..... I just want a whole year out of it before the coil smokes and I have to recone.

Well It's a Skar ZVX-15 1500 rms Dual 2 ohm. I didn't want to say it because it's Skar but oh well. It takes 2k right now no problems in a 3.7 cube box at 40 hz. Sub is still stiff as a ..... I just want a whole year out of it before the coil smokes and I have to recone.
if the signal is clean ,it will prolly be ok on burps ,not daily or bass racing tho

You didn't want to say because your embarrassed to run skar yet you have it as your avatar?

For burps I'd think it would be OK. Be careful when playing for extended time. Maybe dial back the gain for daily and only burp at that power level if your nervous.

if the signal is clean ,it will prolly be ok on burps ,not daily or bass racing tho
Alright ill have to keep it around 2k to 2.5k for daily (set with a dmm) and burp at 3.4k. I just didn't want to put the second amp in and burn up the sub in a month. Thanks for the input

You didn't want to say because your embarrassed to run skar yet you have it as your avatar?
For burps I'd think it would be OK. Be careful when playing for extended time. Maybe dial back the gain for daily and only burp at that power level if your nervous.
lol valid point sir.

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Clamped 3400 ? or 3400 rms amp? big.difference what sub? ive seen many 1500rms subs. like zv3s and dd9500 take saz3500.s and aq3500.s daily and more on burps
Two soundstream 2500 rubicons strapped.

Trade it for a hdc4 lol then u wouldnt have enough power
Maybe in the future but for now money in pocket says burn this f...er up first //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Send it to me ill wall socket it for ya and put it out of its.misery lol
Lets see what kind of numbers I can put up first with it maybe Skar isn't totally worthless... They do look beefy as hell so I'll see what happens. I know I was already around 146 with this on 2.5k so gonna at least try for 148 out of trunk with new aero ported, glassed box.

Lets see what kind of numbers I can put up first with it maybe Skar isn't totally worthless... They do look beefy as hell so I'll see what happens. I know I was already around 146 with this on 2.5k so gonna at least try for 148 out of trunk with new aero ported, glassed box.

And 3.4k lol

By the way building box this weekend for the DD's in the buddies ride gonna do a sick *** slot port box around 2.5 cubes per sub. Will be on around 2k for both should sound pretty good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.