Alternative to "Military Splice"

T-taps are probably the least reliable way to do whatever you're trying to do. It takes some skill, but you can strip the coating off wires without actually cutting the wires. I never recommend cutting or replacing factory wires. You can then wrap a wire around said stripped wire a few times, and electrical tape the wire, and then place a zip tie over that electrical tape, to keep the wire secure.

Yes, I know how to do a military splice. In my application, one of 18 connections requires it. It does not appear that there is adequate room for me to do a good job, but I'll try first with the splice. If I can't pull it off, then its the t tap.

Yes, I know how to do a military splice. In my application, one of 18 connections requires it. It does not appear that there is adequate room for me to do a good job, but I'll try first with the splice. If I can't pull it off, then its the t tap.

I’m not talking about a splice just to be clear. Like you can just take a razor blade and shave some of the coating off the main wire and wrap your extra wire around that then zip tie it secure.

It takes some skill, but you can strip the coating off wires without actually cutting the wires.

You can remove a small section of insulation off of most under the dash stuff with a Bic lighter and your fingernails. "Military Splice" is very reliable though, next best thing to solder.

Honestly I have never had problems with T-taps myself once you get the hang of them they're solid enough for alarm install type duty and tight places.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.