Alternative to jl 10w1 sub

bluecivic
10+ year member

nj
Hello all. I was wondering if someone could let me know of a good alternative to jl 10w1. I have an alpine 300 watt rms amp at 4 ohms. I was wondering if anyone could recommend another 10 inch subwoofer 150 dollars or less. I am more into sq than spl. i prefer the sub to be 300 rms or lower. 400 rms at max

SSA Dcon sounds perfect for you man, gets loud and sounds really good, with a 300 rms rating, will shine on 400 tho

Hello all. I was wondering if someone could let me know of a good alternative to jl 10w1. I have an alpine 300 watt rms amp at 4 ohms. I was wondering if anyone could recommend another 10 inch subwoofer 150 dollars or less. I am more into sq than spl. i prefer the sub to be 300 rms or lower. 400 rms at max

Boston Acoustics subs are excellent sq subs. G1, G2 or G3 series, can't go wrong with any of those. I'm running a pair of G1s on 934rms (they are only rated for 200rms ea) and they sound great and still get pretty loud too. Boston under rated the power handling on all their subs too, so don't worry about giving it too much power. Plus they all come with fuses on the woofers to protect the voice coils from being over driven, so you need some serious user error to blow them up.

Boston Acoustics subs are excellent sq subs. G1, G2 or G3 series, can't go wrong with any of those. I'm running a pair of G1s on 934rms (they are only rated for 200rms ea) and they sound great and still get pretty loud too. Boston under rated the power handling on all their subs too, so don't worry about giving it too much power. Plus they all come with fuses on the woofers to protect the voice coils from being over driven, so you need some serious user error to blow them up.
^^..good subs too..

There is nothing wrong with JL. I would just like to try something besides the mainstream companies. A lot of car audio stuff I bought in the past was just based on what was popular... All my friends always said " Go with JL, they are the best" . I want to try something because of quality, not just name. I'm not taking anything away from JL, but a lot of their stuff is way overpriced to me.

This forum has opened up my eyes to things. I have never heard of many of these boutique brands. I think I'm going to go with the ssa dcon. Have any of you heard them sealed? And do they really take 21 days to be assemble after I order them. (once they get back in stock). And can any of you recommend a good box builder on this forum. Thanks to everyone for giving me great options for my subwoofer

The dcon will work in a sealed box, but you will have a noticeable increase in output from a properly designed ported enclosure.

Can anyone tell me what the frequency range from low to high is on the dcon 10? I could not find it on the descriptions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.