Alt, more wire, batteries help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

benzmansl65amg
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Mobile AL
I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe right now i have a Red Top, stock 105A alt., NINe.1 and NINe.2X with the big three (1/0 gauge) done. I have 0 gauge from the Red top to the distro. Everything is ok now some dimming but not horrible. I am adding a Second NINe.1 next weekend. That is going to be 320 amps of current draw from those 3 amps... So what should i do.

1) do i need more power wire to the trunk... on the internet it says 1/0 is good for 350 amps. my wire is about 14-15ft.

2) i am thinking of selling my Red Top and doing HC600 starter and HC2400

3) iraggi 250 amp alt

I need to know what to do.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

I say dual runs of 1/0 isn't a bad idea but not a necessity.

Definately do the HO Alt, though if you plan on doing a full out high volume showoff, then you might need a bigger alt if you plan on pulling the full 320 amps for long bursts.

So, let's see:

Bigger / another wire run - Recommended, not necessary

Battery - If you want to. What'll it hurt other than the wallet?

Alt - YES

Remember you have a lot more electrical gear than just audio ****. ECU, fuel pump, A/C, fans, lights, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.