Alt help

Participant count
  • Participant list

kdm0nk3y
10+ year member

Okay im wondering what size alt im gonna need for my system.

what i have planned is:

-2 audiocue hdc3 15s

-2 audiocue 2200Ds

-i'd have 3 batts one under the hood and the other 2 just for sound. (not really sure what batts i should get for sound. heard kinetik and XS..idk help?)

-and i'd have a amp for my comp speakers and that junk lol.

but yeah my dad's yelling compacitors and i dont see the need?

so yeah idk what size alt i should get and batt help would also be nice here.

idk if i described everything fully or not but any questions just ask. thanks

what he said

and no caps tell your dad that is way old school for puny 500 watt setups and you would need about 2000 farads of cap and 3 300 amp alts to keep them charged up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Okay im wondering what size alt im gonna need for my system.what i have planned is:

-2 audiocue hdc3 15s

-2 audiocue 2200Ds

-i'd have 3 batts one under the hood and the other 2 just for sound. (not really sure what batts i should get for sound. heard kinetik and XS..idk help?)

-and i'd have a amp for my comp speakers and that junk lol.

but yeah my dad's yelling compacitors and i dont see the need?

so yeah idk what size alt i should get and batt help would also be nice here.

idk if i described everything fully or not but any questions just ask. thanks
Get the alt that proves to put out the most at idle from a reputable shop. Done right, this setup will pound.

And that's AudioQue //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

thanks guys.what size batts should i get tho?
You could go with all Dekas. I assume the front takes a group 34, and do group 31s in the rear. Carquest sells them as NGT Extreme and some other stores have them under other names. Murrays (O'reily's) calls them Stupestart Extreme. Not sure if they carry group 31 sizes though.

I would get the up front battery if you need it and get the alt first. Just use one amp until you get the battery situation handled.

i'll have to see if they can make a custom fit to my dak. cause there isnt much out there for mine. and where could i look up the G31s? the cheaper the price the better. i saw a guy sold 3 used ones for 95 each. i'd like to have a chance to buy those but he sold em

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kdm0nk3y

10+ year member
kdm0nk3y
Sevierville, Tn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from