Alpne CDA 9887 with KTX 100eq IMPRINT

Participant count
  • Participant list

beat-down69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I just recently purchased a alpine 9887 with the imprint and the bluetooth device. And i was wondering when i hook this up in my truck should i still connect my solid audio sq5 EQ / line driver to it. I was told that the alpine was way better with out adding the sq5 or any EQ/line driver. Dont know what to do. So if any one has a 9887 or has used one please give me your opinion, or experiece with or with out the EQ.

If most people say use the SQ5 then i will but do i hook it up to the front rear or sub output. I would assume to the front.

Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks Guys

well my sq5 is supposed to bump it up to 8volt preouts or maybe its 7. So you think the alpine by itself would be just as good if not better.

well my sq5 is supposed to bump it up to 8volt preouts or maybe its 7. So you think the alpine by itself would be just as good if not better.
The only time you ever need a line driver is if your install is junk. They are generally used with line out converters to boost the signal.

oh ok. ok so the other question i have is the imprint came with the cd to install on my computer. But it says for 98 my computer has windows 7 and cant get it to load right. So what should i do there.

oh ok. ok so the other question i have is the imprint came with the cd to install on my computer. But it says for 98 my computer has windows 7 and cant get it to load right. So what should i do there.
Not a clue. It installed fine on my computer. Do you have the UAC prompt? You could try exploring the CD contents and running the setup.exe as admin.

The only time you ever need a line driver is if your install is junk. They are generally used with line out converters to boost the signal.
Not true. Some need adjustable pre-amp voltage because their amp won't accept what the headunit offers (ie: Eclipse 8v + older amp that accepted

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

[/color]

If you've got Win7Ultimate use compatibility mode.

yea i tried the setup exe and it said it downloaded and it did. But now when i go to click on it. it comes up and stops and says fatal error has occured port open error so i click ok and it shuts down the program

No problem, if you cant get it working you can always send it to me and I ll get it workin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.