Alpine

Philly215

Hello all. I am looking for some opinions on the Alpine V12 series. I purchased the Alpine MRVT-707 to push a 10" Kicker Solo Baric L7(Square) and the Alpine MRVF-407 for the Kicker Impulses. I am not sure how they will sound, but I am looking for any opinions before I get them installed.

Alpine amps are good for mids and highs, but I personally think kicker amps are best for subs. I have a 140 watt kicker amp to a 12" kicker sub and it sounds bad ass! My friend has used kicker amps for 2 12" L7's and they just rock! Alpine is still a good company, but for the best bass go with kicker.

Originally posted by :dude the Alpines should work just fine. later
Amen and Agreed. Adding a Thumbs up....

Yes Alpine is fine, but for the best BASS kicker is best. I have lots of people that will back me up.

BASS reproduction occurs in the output of the subs not the amplifier. V12's are in fact very stable amplifiers and they will take a hell of a beating before "cutting into the life of the amp"

watt for watt your not going to hear a whole lot of audible difference between the Alpine and Kicker. Kickers are good im taking anything away from them, (i hate their subs though) but for the money and value.... Alpine will get the job done and i think he will be quite happy with the result. Later yall

True enough, but I was just giving my opinion! Kickers subs are the best so dont go there. A 12" L7 square will beat out any other sub cuz I have friends at a car audio shop and they know their ****! Yes kickers are expensive, but alpine can be just as expensive depending on where you buy.

True enough, but I was just giving my opinion! Kickers subs are the best so dont go there. A 12" L7 square will beat out any other sub cuz I have friends at a car audio shop and they know their ****! Yes kickers are expensive, but alpine can be just as expensive depending on where you buy.

I personaly am running 2 L7 12" subs in sealed boxes in my Nissan Maxima. The day I had them put in with one Kicker DX700 amp pushing both subs. I went to a bass competition about an hour after the install and took 4th place. That is with zero tuning! Plus the back seat does NOT fold down so the sound was all seeping in poorly. I've been running various subs and amps for 7 years now and I have had various components and none better than Kicker for subs and amps. They walk all other systems. BassMan01 went to the same competition and with an Impulse 12 in the minimum sealed box with 140 watts(from a Kicker amp mind you) he hit 138 DB! When I put my 2 L& 12's in the Jeep in the Kicker recommended SPL vented box with a Kicker DX700 amp to each sub I'll get it tested for the DB and let you all know why Kicker is king of bass.

The alpine unit will produce bass, it will also distort sooner than the Kicker amps will, but hey, if you dont care how clean your bass is, go for it.

i agree that kicker amps are nice... and kicker subs arent that expensive if you know were to buy from... every kicker ive ever owned (comps,solo's,impulse) have dissapointed me. Easy to blow and doesnt move the air like i wanted them to. but these are just my opinions. if you like kickers then use them and by all means determine if they are good for your self. i have just had bad experiences with Kicker.

now back to the alpine amp... the amp WILL NOT distort, and it will run just as clean as the kicker amp will. if you can get the alpine amp for cheaper then the kicker amp, and you are not worried about mix-matching the system GO FOR IT

Originally posted by :i agree that kicker amps are nice... and kicker subs arent that expensive if you know were to buy from... every kicker ive ever owned (comps,solo's,impulse) have dissapointed me. Easy to blow and doesnt move the air like i wanted them to. but these are just my opinions. if you like kickers then use them and by all means determine if they are good for your self. i have just had bad experiences with Kicker.

now back to the alpine amp... the amp WILL NOT distort, and it will run just as clean as the kicker amp will. if you can get the alpine amp for cheaper then the kicker amp, and you are not worried about mix-matching the system GO FOR IT
How do you mean that they dont move the air like you want them to? Have you tried a Solo Baric L7 in a vented box? Run it with 200 watts and enough air will come out of that port to dry your hair in about 3 minutes. You might have had problems blowing the subs because they blow when too LITTLE power is applied to them. If you put 100 watts to a 12" sub and dont expect it to blow you need to have your head checked. It is easier to blow a sub with lower power than it is with higher power.

Back to the Alpine amp - what exact amp are we talking about? Depending on the amp, the # of channels and the watts per channel, it may distort. You may not have had one that has, but after extensivly talking to my cousin, who is the manager at a car audio shop, I will not buy an alpine amp to push subs EVER! They just cant hit as low nor as hard as a Kicker one will. They are just fine for mids and highs, but for subs DO NOT buy an Alpine amp.

LMAO... o.k. o.k. this is the last thing i will say under this subject...

first off... have you ever seen the Alpine MRV-1507 (i think thats the model) it will push damn near any sub out there. And for an amp that is not good to push subs LOL there is alot of them out there in competition. And they are one of the cleanest running amps there are, expecially for the price.

second- dont take me for an idiot kid... ive been into car audio for 11 years (everysince i was 12) i have an MMATS DH300 Amp, Bostwick 2100 HCA, Soundstream MC500, Soundstram Trantula, hell just too many to account for... i will not run no less then 500 watt amps, so the kickers that i had were pushed with sufficent power, and no they were not over pushed either. my soundstream exacts, MMATS procasts, Cadence Bass Pros, DD's, Atomics, Juggernauts all moved WAY MORE air then then the kickers did. and i did have some round Solobarics, and they didnt even compete. So if you like Kicker then stay with them, its your choice and as long as your happy with them, then keep bumping. But for personally, i have tasted better, had my deal of problems with kicks and would purchase another product from them.

later yall and good luck with your systems...

Originally posted by :LMAO... o.k. o.k. this is the last thing i will say under this subject...

first off... have you ever seen the Alpine MRV-1507 (i think thats the model) it will push damn near any sub out there. And for an amp that is not good to push subs LOL there is alot of them out there in competition. And they are one of the cleanest running amps there are, expecially for the price.

second- dont take me for an idiot kid... ive been into car audio for 11 years (everysince i was 12) i have an MMATS DH300 Amp, Bostwick 2100 HCA, Soundstream MC500, Soundstram Trantula, hell just too many to account for... i will not run no less then 500 watt amps, so the kickers that i had were pushed with sufficent power, and no they were not over pushed either. my soundstream exacts, MMATS procasts, Cadence Bass Pros, DD's, Atomics, Juggernauts all moved WAY MORE air then then the kickers did. and i did have some round Solobarics, and they didnt even compete. So if you like Kicker then stay with them, its your choice and as long as your happy with them, then keep bumping. But for personally, i have tasted better, had my deal of problems with kicks and would purchase another product from them.

later yall and good luck with your systems...
Ok...lets look at this situation:

1) I diss Alpine amps, you support ONE alpine amp.

2) You (and I) wont run less than 500 Watts to subs, of amps over 500 watts Kicker has more. Also, this guy probably doesnt want that much bass. Kickers smaller amps are still superior to alpine amps for pushing subs. Now, if we are talking about mids and highs - they are more equal.

3) Now you are naming brands that most people know nothing about, except competitors, and I do not expect this guy is one. For his needs he should buy a Kicker amp and not an Alpine one, nor the ones you listed as they are probably far beyond what he needs.

4) I wasnt taking you for an idiot kid, its just that Alpine amps wont do as well for pushing subs as a Kicker amp will. Thats all I've been saying this whole thread. Yes, there are other amps out there that will do better yet, but to keep this guy in the same price range and for him to be happier in the long run he should go with a Kicker amp.

5)If you ran the round Solo's that might be why they didnt push much air, I believe they were suppose to be in sealed boxes only. Im not into the competition sceen as after I put in a new heavy duty alternator I'll be disqualified. You seem to be into the competiton sceen and thats cool, stay with your soundstream exacts, MMATS procasts, Cadence Bass Pros, DD's, Atomics, and Juggernauts...they are beyond the scope of this thread. I will almost guarantee you that all the little "local" competitions I go to I will win. I should be in the mid to upper 150s(based on estimates and some calculations) in my vehicle with the current set-up. You and I have different preferences from eachother and from this guy in question, but I stand fast in saying that for his needs the Kicker will suit him better than an eqivilent alpine.

ill let you to squable and tell him an amp that will push a sub and thats rockford and it is not a question if they will its just what they are pushing i have seen a rockford 45 push 2 10 dvc with 1^3 foot push the hell out of them (that 1 cubic foot of air) per sub

Originally posted by :ill let you to squable and tell him an amp that will push a sub and thats rockford and it is not a question if they will its just what they are pushing i have seen a rockford 45 push 2 10 dvc with 1^3 foot push the hell out of them (that 1 cubic foot of air) per sub
First off, you'll let us TWO squable.

Second, use punctuation marks like Periods and Commas please.

Third, you've seen a "rockford 45..." WTF is a rockford 45? How many watts? How many channels? You've seen it push the hell out of 2 10s but dont tell the db on them? Sounds really convincing to me

Fourth, For the price and the bass output, Kicker amps are king.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.