Alpine XM Ready Head Units + CD Changer??

Participant count
  • Participant list

tgenius
10+ year member

I have tried looking at the manuals, but I'm not seeing where you plug in the XM module into the back of the headunits (2004 or 2005) I have a 6cd mp3 changer (CHA-S634) and would like to hookup both the changer and the xm direct unit (according to alpine the new units are both XM and sirius ready)

Anyone care to explain?

I have tried looking at the manuals, but I'm not seeing where you plug in the XM module into the back of the headunits (2004 or 2005) I have a 6cd mp3 changer (CHA-S634) and would like to hookup both the changer and the xm direct unit (according to alpine the new units are both XM and sirius ready)
Anyone care to explain?

u plug the XM unit into the AI net place that u plug the cd changer into. IM not sure about the XM units but my sirius unit for my alpine has an input and output so u can hook up both the Sirius and the cd changer like a daisy chain type deal

but is your sirius tuner from them or from Alpine themselves? The new 2005 units apparrently work with the Respective tuners for Sirius or XM. I hope it can daisy chain, because I was told to do ipod, I needed some $150 unit.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i beleive the sirius tuner is made by sirius although they have it on the alpine website

http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/leading_technology/leading_tech_SAT_Radio.htm

and i beleive the unit for the ipod cost $100 according to the alpine website

Sirius allows their SiriusConnect (SIR-ALP1)one box solution, to directly connect to an Alpine SAT Radio Ready head unit and allows other Ai-NET components such as a Ready for iPod Adapter (KCA-420i), amplifier(s), processor or changer. It's the perfect solution to expand your Alpine system. The SIR-ALP1 comes with a magnetic micro antenna and Ai-NET cable. With a Sirius subscription and the ability add other Ai-NET components your equipped to expand to the most advanced entertainment system in the market. To find out how to get an adapter or subscribe visitwww.sirius.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.