Alpine vs JL Audio Again

I just got through feeding my 2 type rs 2800 RMS on 34hz tones for about 2 minutes straight... Long story short, they got smelly but are still kicking... Try that with a $120 JL sub

Oh and I couldnt keep my head in the car for more then a few seconds.

Alpine Is GARBAGE i had 3 12'' type Rs and Blew them up with a jl 500/1 Jl is the only way to go if you want great sound quality and inefficiency there is nothing Better then JL Sorry to hate on alpine but it really is crap...... NO offence to you alpine lover's

Alpine Is GARBAGE i had 3 12'' type Rs and Blew them up with a jl 500/1 Jl is the only way to go if you want great sound quality and inefficiency there is nothing Better then JL Sorry to hate on alpine but it really is crap...... NO offence to you alpine lover's
this is a little far, ive had great results with both brands, only reason i blem my old type rs was i gave them 800 rms each for a few minutes.

Can't think of anything JL excels in... SPL they get smashed by your typical Sundown, DC, AQ, Fi, IA, Crossfire... SQ they get smashed by Arc Audio, Rainbow, DLS, Focal, Zapco...
JL AUDIO *****! how are they even in business anymore? Im on board with all you JL trolls. There amps ****, subs ****, home audio *****, marine audio *****, speakers ****, ****, even there wiring *****!

oops forgot to not show my sig!

JL AUDIO *****! how are they even in business anymore? Im on board with all you JL trolls. There amps ****, subs ****, home audio *****, marine audio *****, speakers ****, ****, even there wiring *****!
oops forgot to not show my sig!

wth? JL Audio does not ****, id take it over a lot of mainstream products. You cant say theyre the best though either. Theirs a lot of companies making way better products, but you cant say they ****.

wth? JL Audio does not ****, id take it over a lot of mainstream products. You cant say theyre the best though either. Theirs a lot of companies making way better products, but you cant say they ****.
Just trollin the trolls bro. Forgot my sig doesnt have my Lincoln in it anymore. It has a full JL setup with a 12w7 with a 500/1v2 in the sub stage

The only thing I found in the W6v2 versus W7 argument is that the W6v2 is easier to implement sealed whereas the W7 is easier to implement ported. I'm rocking a 13w6v2 in a sealed enclosure and my cousin is running a 13w7 in a ported enclosure.

I also had an Alpine PDX-5 installed for a total of 30 minutes and there is NO WAY I would run the Alpine over my current JL Audio HD900/5.

EDIT: I didn't mean this as an Alpine bashing because I came close going with a PDX-F6 and a PDX-M6. I just wanted to see if I would be happy with ONE amplifier for a change of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the DVC4ohm 12" Alpine Type R with the MRX-M100, and its bridged to 2 ohms at 1000watts, runs great sounds great, I can hear vocals clear and everything. Amp stays cool too hasn't gotten warm yet or overheated. I can't say anything about JL but I love my Type R

No way would I say this... The bass of the W7 is far cleaner than the W6. The W7 gets quite loud, but is deff more of an SQ sub, IMO.
One of us must've heard something setup wrong. The w6 was one of the cleanest subs I've ever heard. The w7 was still cleaner than most but not as clean as the w6 but a good bit louder. I wouldnt hesitate to run a w6 in an SQ build but not the w7, its not transparent enough IMHO

I have the DVC4ohm 12" Alpine Type R with the MRX-M100, and its bridged to 2 ohms at 1000watts, runs great sounds great, I can hear vocals clear and everything. Amp stays cool too hasn't gotten warm yet or overheated. I can't say anything about JL but I love my Type R
You play vocals through your sub?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.