Alpine Type X 6.5 Components

Participant count
  • Participant list

XxSuperAdamxX
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I just purchased some alpine components and my friend and I were installing them in. But for some reason my driver side tweeter doesn't have sound while the speaker does. As for my passenger side, both component and tweeter works fine. But when I roll down my window for the driver side the passenger tweeter and speakers both gets no sound and only the driver side gets sound but tweeter still not working. As for my crossovers, one of them lights up and melted my cover. I thought the light was a feature that lights along with the beat, but I'm guessing it's a warning sign for something. Sometimes when I even close or open my door, the speakers on the driver side turns off. If anyone has any suggestions or help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hmm that's what I thought too, I did wire my tweeters kinda nasty, since I was short of wires, I had to connect it to another wire and stuff. Thanks for the advice, I should really rewire like my friend told me to.

Almost sounds like a short.

But it could be anything, the protection bulb melting your x over case worries me. All that light is for is to burn up excess voltage when you are listening to music (50 cent especially) that has clipping in the music itself so as to not toast your tweets.

Yea... it was a short BTW... opened up the front door panel agian and when I was pulling the wire out I noticed the wire was stripped.. I guess when we were pulling the wire through the rubber elbow it stripped.... Fixed it and it's all good except for a blown tweeter...

Wonder if the warrenty covers this kinda thing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.