alpine type R

Participant count
  • Participant list

grizzjwill
10+ year member

Beatin down the block
nashville,tn
are these subs really that good because i am upgrading my system and i want a pair of 12 inch subs that will sound good but also get loud enough to hurt and i can get them for about 200 for a pair so is it a real good sub or can i get a pair of sumthin else for that price that will do the same and i will be gettin a new amp

i really like the idea of having my setup as alpine and i like the looks of those and i was wondering will they get loud enough to hurt and sound good at the same time or is there anything for the same price that is better

i was wanting a pair of subs for around 200 and no more because i have a brand new 12" kicker L7 sitting in my floor with a box i built for it and i have changed my mind on it and i want to get a loud system that sounds good and kinda slack up on car audio for the time so im tryin to stay at 200 for the subs

are they the type of sub that has to have all of the rms power to get them moving or can you send them very little power and get the full bass also ho wwould they sound if 2 12 running off of a mtx thunder 8302 amp or will i have to get a bigger amp.How much harder will these hit and sound than my setup now wich is 3 10" mtx 4000 running off of my mtx amp which i just mentioned

"

i would say avoid porting the box... they will sound better, unless you're really good with ports. they wont be as loud, but they'll sound better

if you tune thos subs low they will actually retain quite a bit of thier sq. i have a ported box i built for my old type r jus to trow it in every once and a while and it actually sounded surprisingly good. how much does that amp put out? they type-r's r kinda power hungery but in a ported box this will improve.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.