Alpine Type R

alpine16
10+ year member

hey whats up, i have two question, 1 does anyone know anywhere were the alpine type R subs are cheaper then 114.98. and the 2nd is i already have wall made for 4 subs with a chamber for each sub but the volume is 1.53 and im wondring if this is to big for the type R's because they require a .7-1.0 ft>3 box

thanx~kyle

If the 114 is with shipping I would say go for it, if not, http://www.ikesound.com has their R 12's for 119 shipping included. I have the 1241D in a 1 cubic ft box and it wouldn't be too bad in a 1.73 cu ft box. Im gonna put mine in a 2.5 cu ft ported soon and I hear that 2.5 to 5 cu ft with the ported works great so I would assume that your box would be alright.

Well my brother sent his Type R's back. He had paid almost $400 at circuit city. I built an enclosure approximately 2.5 cuft. Which gave each sub 1.25 to work with. They definitely sounded very good, and they were very power hungry. I had stated before that the Audiobahn Alums were louder, but I will now retract that statement. After listening to the Type R's a little longer before he sent them back, I would say the Type R's got louder, demanded more power, and were definitely cleaner sounding. We were running about 1500 wrms, approx. 750 per sub. Both were hooked up to present a 1-ohm load. The Type R's were just demanding so much power, the altenator was having trouble charging the battery. With the Alums in, there was very little drain, they sounded somewhat sloppy, but they still got loud. All in all, I was impressed by both woofers, but on a personal note, the Type R's were much better than I expected.

You mean the amp was "demanding" too much power. Ur subs will only want more power if you don't have the reccomended RMS going to them.

Plus you would have blown the **** out of the Type-rs if you had them hooked up much longer. My friend has a 1500 watt amp, and they blow like ur mom on a good night.

So if you got rid of the subs because they were demanding too much power you masde a mistake.

you think 750rms will blow a type r like your mom does diamond audio? ask taylor about that he has an arc audio 1000wattrms amp running 1 15" type R and that's constant all the time driving. so i would say it can handle 750 a piece.

adam

Originally posted by DiamondAudioFan You mean the amp was "demanding" too much power. Ur subs will only want more power if you don't have the reccomended RMS going to them.

Plus you would have blown the **** out of the Type-rs if you had them hooked up much longer. My friend has a 1500 watt amp, and they blow like ur mom on a good night.

So if you got rid of the subs because they were demanding too much power you masde a mistake.
My brother took them back because he wanted his $400 back. I'm just telling what happened that is what a review is all about. I don't know how to explain it, but the Type R's were drawing more power from the amp or the amp was putting more of a damper on the charging system. Your friend must not be setting gains properly because we had 1500 Rms to 2 subs, that would be 750 a piece. He played them for almost a week with no problems. Regardless, after thouroughly listening to the Type R's, I think they surpassed the Audiobahn alums in SPL. However way you want to portray it, the amp was doing something different with the type R's, it was definitely working harder, both were 1-ohm loads, and you could see a noticeable difference when the type r's were setup.

hey guys im juss wondering if a 1.53cft>3 box is gonna be to big for a alpine Type R because the factory recomends that a .7 or 1.0cft>3 box be used

thanx

I have 2 12" type r's in a 3 cubic ft box hooked up to jbl 1200.1 amp and that **** pounds hard as fuk. They are only 119 a peice from ike sound. great deal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.