Alpine type-r 6×9's

drewbillingsley
10+ year member

Im about to upgrade my whole system. Getting another sundown sa15, amp, box, and getting new door speakers. I dont want ridiculously expensive door speakers but i do want some really nice ones that sound very loud and clear. So do you guys think the type rs are a good pick for $270? Should i just get the 2 front speakers? Are there any speakers that are comparable to the type rs for the price?

Hybrid Audio Mirus 6x9 coaxials are available for under $200 online. These are supposed to be very good coaxial speakers. If you want a step up consider Hybrid Audio Imagine, the 6x9 version. It's a convertible speaker, so you can use it as a coaxial or a component with a separate tweeter. I believe there is also a 6x9 version in Massive Audio's CK series. The CK series are supposed to have good midbass and power handling.

Component speakers allow you to install tweeter in a separate location from the woofer. This is usually pretty easy if your car has factory locations for tweeters. Hybrid Audio Imagine are more of SQ speaker. These are convertible between coaxial and component. Mirus is coaxial only and shares design with Imagine. Imagines have been compared to JL Audio C5. The 6.5 version can get somewhat loud, but not much beyond that. If getting loud is the goal, 4 speakers may be better. The 6x9 version of Imagine has 7mm xmax spec, so I assume the they can put some serious midbass as well. I believe the Massive Audio CK69III or CK69X are also convertible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.