Alpine Time Correction

Participant count
  • Participant list

ascitiesburn69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok so im sure all of you alpine owners out there know that the manual isnt written very well....Anways i have an 9887 i just installed and love it btw...Not having a dedicated bass and treble is waayyyyyyyy made up for with the parametric eq even if only 5bands...BUT i was wondering about the time correction feature the manual is sooo hard to understand what they want you to do its ridiculous...But i think i figured it out and this is what i did...

1. Measured the distance from listening position to front left speaker(or closest speaker to listening position)

2. measured distance from listening pos to furthest speaker which is rear right

3. Converted inches into meters >.>

4. used the equation in the Manual which is (distance of furthest speaker)-(Distance of other Speakers)

5. and then divided by speed of sound which is 343m/s and then i multiplied by 100

6.Lastly since the correction units are steps of 3.4cm i picked the measurement closest to the amount i got after doing all the steps

Could someone please tell me if this is right and/or point me in the right direction of what im supposed to do OR link me to a site that has GOOD instructions

Thanks alot guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.