Alpine Subwoofers

Participant count
  • Participant list
i love my type r's. i had one 1241D in a 2.5cube box ported at 26 hertz. i loved it. ran that off an alpine mrd-m500, and it just rocked. in my new truck i'll be running 2 type r 1221Ds off of an alpine mrd-m1000, and it should be loud but still clean. i am switching to a sealed box for space reasons. i might just stick with the single 12 and the mrd-m500 i have sitting in my room. needless to say, i love them. very happy.

In my opinion the type-r's are comparable to the diamond Cm3's, though the diamonds may have a bit more spl. But they are not even close to the M6's, and the type r's to be mentioned int he same sentence in the tdx should be illegal. So you really need to be more specific, but im assuming your talking about the cm3, cm3 handles a bit more power, im happy with mine, just go listen to them, both are available at most local shops, hell type-rs are even at circuit city. I also don't believe type r's are that great in ported boxes, ithink they are more sq drivers. the cm3 does sound pretty good in a ported, though i prefer sealed.

-Jason

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.