Alpine Subs to what amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

achaean

Hi, I currently have 2 alpine subs 10" @ 300 watt RMS Dual Coil, with 4 OHM impedance (Alpine SWR-1041D Type R). Its currently setup in a sealed box. My old amplifier broke, and its been sometime since I did the installation so my electrical knowledge is a little rusty. I'm looking to install a new amp to give these speakers the best sound and power. Any suggestions?

I think there are only 2 wiring options available for me (if there is more could someone correct me)

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42

I'm slightly confused about the ohm setup and how exactly it changes based on the wiring setup. So I have 2 4 ohm speakers, does that mean I need a 2 ohm amp if I bridge the two? And what exactly is bridging? My old setup was on a mono channel amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.