ALPINE subs......opinions

pj2003
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i wanna get 3 10'' ALIPINE subs and i was wonderin if ALPINE subs were any good. Which series should i get type R?? type E?? not real sure if thats the names of the different lines but tell me which Alpine subs are best for the price... everybody i know has rockfords so i wanna do somethin different i wanna get alpine head unit, alpine amp, subs, mids everything Alpine

It all depends in the type of music you like. The type R is more for the buy who likes everything, with good highs and lows. The type E is for the guy who likes rap and who wants to have the heart ripped out feeling. I have a type E and I love it, I want to get more but with 3 type E's lets just say you're passangers better wear some dipers, specially if you have leather.

so i'm guessin alpine subs are really good then..... the thing is i listen to all types of music rock country rap ya know the only type i listen to real loud is rap and i kinda turn the bass down on country and rock so i guess type E would be for me hey that rhymed what Alpine amp would u suggest to run about 150 RMS to each sub (3 subs) i already have an ALPINE 700 watts max power amp it puts out 350 RMS at 2 ohms i dont think that would be enuff and i dont even think i could run 3 SVC at 2 ohms either for that matter so i guess it a new amp 4 me there goes all my money grrrrrrrrrrr i want some more opinions on ALPINE

I dont really know where he got the idea that type e's would be better for rap then type r's. Thats like saying edk's take more power then eda's. Two type r's can outperform the e's in everyway. If your looking into the alpine subs go for the r's.

well, why get 3 low quality 10's...when u could get one 12 or 15 that would outperform them. Also, what price are you looking at getting these for...unless real cheap...i got some stuff in mind that will blow the alpines out of the water. So, what is ur budget for just subs...? peace

NG

definatley go with the R's. and why specifically are you going for alpine amps? just to keep EVERYTHING alpine? b/c they are pretty expensive. just curious, but if you got the money, i'd say 2 type R's ported or sealed (depending on if you want deeper bass, or quick response. good luck

Alpine Type R subs are a good sub for the price you pay but for the same pice youd pay for 3 10's get one Diamond Audio 10 or 12" Dual 2 ohm TDX or a JL Audio W7 and run a class D amp to it. The sound Quality and Loudness will blow you away. My opinin go with a 12" I have a 15" TDX D2 in my blazer on a Diamond Audio D5 1200.1 amp( I have to get a new alternator to run my stereo but it was worth it)

ummm...yeah...looks like this has basically been the Blind leading Blind. But yeah, i'd say alpine's top of the line subs (type-r's) are OKAY....b/c honestly for the same price there is SOOO much better out there. And honestly, most of the people above suggesting ****...don't really know what they are talking about...and if they think type-r's are "sick" or the best...then obviously they have not heard an amazing sub. BUT, what is ur budget on just subs? do u have an amp yet? what is ur budget on the amp? peace

NG

I've got an ALPINE mono amp MRP-M350 350 RMS @ 2 ohms I've got two sony xplod 10" p5 subs hooked up to it the sony's hit loud and low but it aint the best soundin things i've heard before I'm only 16 so i really dont wanna spend TOO much on my whole system i don't have that much room (reg. cab silverado) so please stop suggestin 15's (lol) 3 tens is about the most i could get out of it here's my price ranges.......head unit ($200-250) .........amp ( no more than $250)........ 3 subs ( no more than $300) my price range is about $1000 once i get a job........ give me some advice an the best stuff for the prices listed and tell me if i could keep my amp and maybe add another amp to it or get a new amp and just add another sony ( probly what i'll end up doin $60 bucks a pop lmao) oh yea type R's are way outta my range (more money for the sub and then u have to even send more power to them) thanx for any advice.

type r 12's are only 100 a peice, so you could afford 3 of them, im assuming 10's are cheaper but don't feel like looking. There like ngsm said, it is the blind leading the blind here, and to say the least, alpine type-e's are by no means good. And they are not designed specifically for different genres of music, no subs really are. Look into ed Kx or k 10, http://www.edesignaudio.com they are nice for the money. or even diamond cm3, but personally, for 300 dollars you could get a very very nice sub, so i believe that a single stereo integrity D2 would blow away any combination of underpowered type-r's. http://www.stereointegrity.com for the hu, you should probably get a pioneer or alpine, an amp for the d2 could be a JBL 600.1 (about 180 on ebay) but the more power the better. Build a ported box, or have one built. Also buying 3 subs is most definetly not the most cost efficent way of getting a system in a small space. I can promse you, 1 magnum will beat out all of your friends sony setups.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.