Alpine Sub Volume

Participant count
  • Participant list

boister77
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SoCal
i was recently told that when setting the gains for my sub amp, that i should set the sub level to 8 on my 9815. i've always set my gains with the sub level at 15 to get the full 4V. however i was told that beyond 8, the hu will actually produce distortion. is this true or not?

bah dude i dont know but i have this HU and besides its gorgeous SQ it ***** when it coems to preout voltage... let me say my sub amplifier has its gain on 0,5v and if i really want strong bass i have to turn on the MerdiaXpander which ruins all the sound...

so whether i have the MX on to have strong bass or leave it off for normal music... my sub-w is always on 15... below this my sub just dies

alpine REALLY ****ed up this hu by making it with so weak pre-outs...

bah dude i dont know but i have this HU and besides its gorgeous SQ it ***** when it coems to preout voltage... let me say my sub amplifier has its gain on 0,5v and if i really want strong bass i have to turn on the MerdiaXpander which ruins all the sound...
so whether i have the MX on to have strong bass or leave it off for normal music... my sub-w is always on 15... below this my sub just dies

alpine REALLY ****ed up this hu by making it with so weak pre-outs...
Man.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

There were plenty of complaints from people on the forums who had the 9815(and other alpines in that era...7897, etc) regarding pre out voltage(it was NOT just a "oh you need to turn the sub out up).

There were plenty of complaints from people on the forums who had the 9815(and other alpines in that era...7897, etc) regarding pre out voltage(it was NOT just a "oh you need to turn the sub out up).
it's not, thats the way i do to compensate this...

and yes sub out 0=-15db and +15=0db

i still think the sub out control is useless with all this weak pre-out **** and the fact that the eq only boosts up to +6db on the bass line and MX totally craps out the sq from my comps

0 = -15 dB+15 = 0 dB

It even says it in the manual ... Whoever told you that is full of **** ...
i know it's posted and that's why i was confused. toxic tuan told me a couple weeks ago when i went to his shop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.