Eclipse CD8445?

conehunter

USA
Well I had an 8445 installed yesterday but I have a few questions:

Is the 8445 supplied with a microphone or do i have to buy it separate?

Is the 8445 supposed to come with a memory stick?

And lastly, is there a trick to get the number keys to illuminate? The two main dials illuminate and the four main buttons light up, but the number and corner keys don't illuminate.

Thanks!

Your owner's manual should say what comes with the deck. Check there to see if the mic/memory card come with it. If they do, then call the shop that installed the deck.

Well I checked the manual and found the component's list towards the back. It looks like the mic/mc are optonal, even though I can't find the mic on the Eclipse web site. I'll ask the shop about buying the mic when I go in to find out about the key illumination. Thanks JL.

you HAVE to run the illumination wire(orange) with the new decks to get the full illumination, otherwise just the rotary dials light up as in your situation

I believe the memory card/mic only come supplied on the CD8455, hence more reasons for the price gap between them

you HAVE to run the illumination wire(orange) with the new decks to get the full illumination, otherwise just the rotary dials light up as in your situation
I believe the memory card/mic only come supplied on the CD8455, hence more reasons for the price gap between them
Yea I'm going in today to get it fixed and order the mic, does anyone know how much the mics go for from Eclipse? The CD8455 was more than I needed since I'm running the passive crossovers on my RS Audio 165s.

Ive got a 8445 as well, i bought it friday. I had question as well. The box that is connected to the back for the HU "says place far away from RCA, Speaker wires....." what is it? GPS or something?

Also, what is a mic? I want one now.

Ive got a 8445 as well, i bought it friday. I had question as well. The box that is connected to the back for the HU "says place far away from RCA, Speaker wires....." what is it? GPS or something?
Also, what is a mic? I want one now.
The box is the power supply for the display. Keep it away from the deck to avoid any noise.

You don't know what a mic is...Mic as in microphone.

yes i know what a mic is, but why would it be beneficial to have one hooked to my eclipse? Im looking for knowledge not to be criticized.
You asked, "what is a mic?" You did not ask "what is the mic's purpose with the eclipse?"

Given that statement, how would we know that you really did know what a mic is?

You can use a mic in your car to get the in car frequency response and use Eclipse's E-iserv feature.

You were hardly being so terribly criticized.

COME ON JL, i want to a CA Genus. Teach me, daniel son.
Naw, i was curious. Ive never heard of a Mic on an eclipse, i want one now.
Eclipse started with the mic thing on 04 models. Again, all related to their E-iserv feature (like an auto-eq function). Some love it and others never use it. In my experience, eclipse decks always sounded excellent right out of the box. Mine were always set flat.

so many things so little time...my mem card and mic is in the box, the way it came

I'm too busy enjoying the deck and great music....i dont feel i need Eiserv...

You sure? Not one of the CD8445 I have had come into stock has had the mic or card included. Our CDN distributor does not even have them listed as parts and was not aware that they were not included either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.