Alpine sub and what amp/wire should I use for it.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lukis

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, so I'm looking in to buying and installing a sub in to my car and I can't seem to find the right amp for this sub the sub is 300w rms at 4ohms and it's very difficult to find exact specifications amp for it so my question here is Is it better to go with something that outputs ~250w At 4 ohms or a lil bit higher. Also if I would use like a 400w amp for this 300w speaker would it burn out or something?

Lots of factors to what kills a sub, you can get away with a more powerful amp in a sealed enclosure more than a ported one. Clipping kills so as long as the sub is fed clean power and isn't bottoming out it should be fine but I'd stick to rms rating to be safe. What sub is it? An alpine 500 mono would be a good choice for 300@4ohm.

Also I'd run 4ga OFC wiring kit which will allow for a little future proofing if you want to upgrade - knukonceptz is always my go-to but any OFC will work, I think stinger is a little cheaper. I'd stay clear of the cheap CCA kits

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...